HOW TO REACH CRISTALLO HOTEL RESIDENCE
How to reach BORMIO: in the heart of the Alps the high Valtellina is crossed by the SS 38 Stelvio, which rises from the valley of the Adda from Colico up to the pass of which bears the name and where you go up in Valvenosta. From Bormio branch off the main road towards Livigno Foscagno 301 and 300 of the Gavia road towards Santa Caterina and Valcamonica (summer connection).
- From Road 38 in the valley bottom
- From Tunnel Passo del Gallo (closed at night) coming from Engadine, Alto Adige or Austria
- From central and southern Italy: Bologna-Milan motorway, then follow directions 'da Milano'
- or Motorway Modena - Brenner exit Brescia Ovest, SS 510 towards Boario Terme, SS. 42 towards Edolo, SS. 39 towards Aprica - Tirano – Bormio
- From the North: Via Tirano - Bernina Pass (open year-round)
- From the North: Via Livigno - Zernez Drossa-Tunnel (open all year round from 8 a.m to 8 p.m.)
We suggest to our guests to ask for more information about opening and closing of the Alpine passes for transit winter
Train terminal TIRANO (terminus for Ferrovie Italiane and Ferrovie Retiche) is 40 km far from Bormio. Bus departures coinciding with the arrival of the train from Milan.
News AIRPORT TRANSFER
A convenient transfer from Milano Orio al Serio and Milano Malpensa airport at the foot of the ski slopes!
For info and reservations: click here "MTBUS"
- From Milan (200 km): Lecco direction, SS to Colico, SS 38 towards Sondrio – Bormio
- From Bolzano (Brenner motorway) through the Stelvio Pass
- From northeast through the Tonale and the Gavia pass
- From Engadine Forcola and through the Bernina Pass
Stelvio Pass 2757 mt. (From the province of Bolzano) - open from late May to late October
Gavia Pass 2621 mt. (From the province of Brescia) that leads to Santa Caterina, and then to Bormio - open from early June to late October
Mortirolo Pass 1852 mt (from the province of Brescia), and Mazzo, Grosio, Bormio, open from May to September
Aprica Pass 1176 mt (from the province of Brescia) Open all year
San Marco Pass 1992 mt (from the province of Bergamo), then Morbegno, Sondrio, Tirano, Bormio, open from May to November
S. Maria Pass 2502 mt (from Switzerland) that connects to the road that descends from the Stelvio to Bormio Open from May to November
Forcola Pass 2315 mt (from Switzerland) that go down to Livigno. Open from May to November
Nearest Airports: Milan Malpensa, Linate, Orio al Serio (Bergamo)